While it is important to protect yourself from Virus and Malware software using an Anitivirus package the most important element in Cyber Security is you! Please download some antivirus software and follow these simple rules:
- Do not open any files attached to an email from an unknown, suspicious or untrustworthy source.
- Uninstall one antivirus program before you install another.
- Be careful with USB connected devices (eg memory sticks, external hard drives, MP3 players) as they are very common carriers of viruses.
- Be careful with CDs/DVDs as they can also contain viruses.
- Do not open any files from web-based digital file delivery companies (eg YouSendIt, Dropbox) that have been uploaded from an unknown, suspicious or untrustworthy source.
- Switch on macro protection in Microsoft Office applications like Word and Excel.
- Buy only reputable software from reputable companies.
- When downloading free software, do so with extreme caution.
Our recommended free Antivirus software for Windows:
Avast - For Free version please select essential.
Our recommended free Antivirus software for Mac:
Also, don't forget virus's can attack your mobile phones and tablets as well. This link has some helpful advice.